It is true - girls, in fact, do rule! And it is only appropriate that Soul Models, founded on the concept of empowering girls to be their authentic selves, celebrate the stories and trailblazers who have made it possible to be a young woman growing up today. Check out our ultimate reading list in honor of National Women's History Month, showcasing women's accomplishments in the sciences, arts, politics, sports and more. While this list is written with younger minds in consideration, it may even provoke new knowledge for any age. Use as reference for the young girl in your life, or, a gift guide throughout the year!
Girl, You Got It Going On - A List of Story Collections That Remind a Girl With the Power of Many, Anything Can Happen
- Girls Think of Everything: Stories of Ingenious Inventions by Women - What?! The chocolate chip cookie was invented by a woman? This collection features several well known female inventors in history, sure to inspire.
- Rosie the Riveter: Women Working on the Home Front in World War II - Arguably one of the most influential times in women's history, this compilation follows the stories of 18 million women who entered the workforce in 1942-45 to help the United States Fight World War II.
- Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race - Did you know before famous astronauts John Glenn and Neil Armstrong came along, a group of female mathematicians did the calculations of the rockets that would be launched into space?
- Let Me Play: The Story of the Title IX: The Law That Changed the Future of Girls in America - the story of the 1972 Title IX law passed by Congress proctecting a girls right to participate in sports.
- With Courage and Cloth: Winning the Fit for a Woman's Right to Vote - follow the story of the women's suffrage movement and see how far we have come through some never seen before stunning photographs.
- Almost Astronauts: 13 Women Who Dared to Dream - 13 women who defied the odds and blazed the trail for generations to follow with same passion for outer space.
- In Their Shoes: Extrodinary Women Describe Their Amazing Careers - taking a leap beyond just reading a job description, this book shares a collection of stories form successful women that found a way to live out their passion and be successful. Anything truly is possible if you want it.
- Women In Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed The World - a comprehensive collection to influence science on the youngest minds! This book includes 50 notable women to the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).